Member of the MNI Direct team that leads, manages and holds branch management accountable. You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and hold accountable department managers and employees, as well as coaching and mentoring branch managers. As the Business Manager, you will create goals for employees and evaluate your department’s efficiency and productivity. Additionally, you will collaborate with the General Manager to develop strategic plans for business growth based on short-term and long-term goals. Clearly, communicate those goals to your team and guide them to success.
- Assists in developing the business plan and faithfully executes the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives.
- Leads, manages, and holds the branches accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of the landscape markets and leads efforts to keep MNI Direct relevant and growing its market share
- Integrates all major operating functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working toward the greater good of the business.
- Resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and the entrepreneurial operating system with consistency.
- Possess a relentless obsession with core values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborates with the General Manager and stays on the same page. Maintains a high level of mutual respect with the General Manager. Recognizes ideas that the General Manager has, and possesses an ability to filter and translates those ideas into functional plans for the company.
- Confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensures that everyone is in the know. Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization.
- Exhibits leadership at all levels of the organization by communicating and embodies the company vision and values.
- Grow the company by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and mentoring new talent while maintaining budgeted levels of employment.
- Define and implement policies and performance standards.
- Evaluate employee performance in order to place the right people in the right seat while providing additional coaching and support as needed.
- Assess departmental and division performance and devise plans for improvement.
- Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, marketing, and personnel.
- Prepares periodic profitability reports and proposes adjustments based on the results.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all employees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture/Business preferred; MBA a plus
- 8-12 Years of operations management experience in a related industry; Sales experience a plus
- OSHA Certification for General Industry preferred
Required Skills & Training
- LMA: Lead, Manage, and hold others accountable.
- Have excellent general computer skills in Microsoft Office and Google (Primarily in Excel and Google Sheets)
- Communication: Active listener, clear and concise with instructions, and strong written communication skills.
- Leadership: Guide the MNI Direct team in one direction; able to inspire others to achieve outstanding results.
- Delegation: identify the best employee(s) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work.
- Time management: prioritize tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines, streamline processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation and mediation: find opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Decision-making: weigh the costs and benefits of various options to determine the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving: analyze past and current performance and recommend objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- Requires ability to frequently travel by car.
- May require prolonged sitting, standing and walking
- Working in varied environments at each facility as well as off site such as job sites and vendors.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule M-F
Submit an Application Today...
Apply online at MNIDirect.com/careers, send your resume to email@example.com